George U. Hess1
M, b. 15 July 1877, d. 10 March 1924
Occupation: Contractor and builder at Hamlin, Brown Co., KS. George U. Hess was born on 15 July 1877 at Trappe, Montgomery Co., PA.1 He was the son of Rev. William H. Hess and Elizabeth Harley.1 George U. Hess married Sarah Kern, daughter of Jeremiah P. Kern and Elizabeth Cassel, on 28 June 1900, Ceremony by Rev. Buckner.1 George U. Hess died on 10 March 1924 at age 46.1
Children of George U. Hess and Sarah Kern
M, b. 1 July 1683, d. 1733
Note: THE STAUFFER FAMILIES OF SWITZERLAND, RICH DAVIS, PG 111. Hans Hess was born on 1 July 1683. He was the son of Samuel Hess and Barbara Reimann. Hans Hess married Magdalena (?). Hans Hess immigrated in 1717 to Philadelphia (probably), Philadelphia Co., PA; Arrived in America. He died in 1733 at Pequea Twp., Lancaster Co., PA. He was buried in 1733 at Baumgarden Station Cemetery, Lancaster Co., PA.
Children of Hans Hess and Magdalena (?)
- Anna Hess+ b. c 1709, d. 1792
- Jacob Hess b. c 1711
- John Hess b. c 1712
- Christian Hess b. 1714
- Michael Hess b. 12 Apr 1715, d. 17 Nov 1792
- Barbara Hess b. c 1717
- Magdalena Hess+ b. 28 Mar 1717, d. 1784
- Abraham Hess b. c 1725
- Elizabeth Hess b. 27 Sep 1725
- Veronica Hess b. 22 Aug 1729
- Samuel Hess b. 9 Apr 1731
M, b. 24 May 1617
Hans Hess was born on 24 May 1617 at Wald, Canton Zürich, Switzerland. He was the son of Jacob Hess and Anna Egli. Hans Hess married Barbara Honegger on 23 February 1640/41.
M, b. 28 January 1614/15
M, b. circa 1534
Heinrich Hess was born circa 1534 at Wald, Switzerland.
Child of Heinrich Hess
- Jacob Hess+ b. 17 May 1584
M, b. 3 November 1881, d. 5 June 1967
Ira Hess was born on 3 November 1881 at Rockingham Co., VA. He married Hannah Shoemaker in 1902. Ira Hess died on 5 June 1967 at Alma, Gratiot Co., MI, at age 85. He was buried in June 1967 at Oak Grove Cemetery, Le Roy, McLean Co., IL, Findagrave #186974737.
Ira H. Hess1
M, b. September 1869
Ira H. Hess was born in September 1869 at West Virginia.1 He married Septemma Adaline Queen, daughter of Elizabeth (?), circa 1893.1
- [S3206] 1900 Federal Census, Upshur County, West Virginia. Microfilm Image, NARA Series T623, Roll 1773; FHL #1241773.
M, b. circa 1711
M, b. 17 May 1584
Jacob Hess was born on 17 May 1584 at Wald, Canton Zürich, Switzerland. He was the son of Heinrich Hess. Jacob Hess married Anna Egli on 27 April 1606.
M, b. circa 1712
M, b. 7 August 1847, d. 20 June 1915
John Hess was born on 7 August 1847 at Hamburg, Germany.1 He married Emma Lydia Kuester circa 1874.1 John Hess died on 20 June 1915 at Monett, Barry Co., MO, at age 67. He was buried in June 1915 at Oakdale Cemetery, Monett, Lawrence Co., MO.
- [S2940] 1900 Federal Census, Barry County, Missouri. Microfilm Image, NARA Series T623, Roll 838; FHL #1240838.
John Charles Hess1
M, b. January 1858, d. circa 1935
John Charles Hess was born in January 1858 at Pennsylvania.1 He married Eva M. Spence circa 1885.1 John Charles Hess died circa 1935 at Fulton Twp., Lancaster Co., PA.
- [S920] 1900 Federal Census, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. Microfilm Image, NARA Series T623, Rolls 1423 - 24; FHL #1241423 - 24.
Louis Ransom Hess
M, b. 25 June 1866, d. 20 June 1959
F, b. 28 March 1717, d. 1784
Note: The Stauffer Families of Switzerland, by Rich Davis, p.111. Magdalena Hess was born on 28 March 1717. She was the daughter of Hans Hess and Magdalena (?) Magdalena Hess married Jacob Stauffer, son of Johannes Stauffer, in 1735. Magdalena Hess died in 1784 at Lancaster Co., PA.
Children of Magdalena Hess and Jacob Stauffer
- Elizabeth Stauffer+ b. 7 Dec 1735
- Christian Stauffer+ b. 6 Dec 1736, d. 13 Apr 1808
- Veronica Stauffer b. 3 May 1738, d. 1784
- Jacob Stauffer+ b. 9 Aug 1740, d. Jul 1793
- John Stauffer+ b. 18 Aug 1742, d. 11 Sep 1807
- Magdalena Stauffer+ b. 1 Mar 1743/44, d. b 1799
- Abraham Hess Stouffer+ b. 7 Jan 1746/47, d. 11 Mar 1809
- Daniel Stauffer+ b. 1 Sep 1749, d. 15 Sep 1818
- Samuel Stauffer+ b. 1 Sep 1754, d. 7 Jun 1825
- Henry Stauffer+ b. 7 Jan 1757, d. 2 Jan 1818
- Anna Stouffer+ b. 24 Jan 1759
Maria Barbara Hess
F, b. 11 June 1770, d. 11 May 1869
Maria Barbara Hess was born on 11 June 1770 at Pennsylvania. She married Anthony Kleppinger, son of Ludwig Kleppinger and Anna Maria Best, in 1802 at Northampton Co., PA. Maria Barbara Hess died on 11 May 1869 at Willow Hill, Franklin Co., PA, at age 98.
F, b. 17 July 1805, d. 27 April 1861
Martha Hess was born on 17 July 1805. She was the daughter of John Hess and Esther Hershey. Martha Hess married Samuel Oberholtzer in May 1824. Martha Hess died on 27 April 1861 at age 55.
Children of Martha Hess and Samuel Oberholtzer
- Esther Oberholtzer b. 25 Feb 1825, d. 13 Apr 1865
- Jacob H. Oberholtzer b. 25 Jun 1826, d. 3 Aug 1828
- Martha H. Oberholtzer b. 3 Aug 1828
- Catherine H. Oberholtzer b. 26 Sep 1830
- Elizabeth Oberholtzer b. 22 Sep 1832
- Anna H. Oberholtzer b. 14 Nov 1834
- Samuel H. Oberholtzer b. 28 Apr 1836, d. 2 Nov 1885
- John H. Oberholtzer b. 21 Nov 1839
- Joseph H. Oberholtzer b. 17 Aug 1842
- Henry H. Oberholtzer b. 29 Oct 1845
- Susanna Oberholtzer b. 11 Aug 1849
F, b. 17 July 1825, d. 21 December 1894
Mary Hess was born on 17 July 1825 at Franklin Co., PA.1 She married John Monn. Mary Hess died on 21 December 1894 at age 69.
- [S185] 1870 Federal Census, Franklin County, Pennsylvania. Microfilm Image, NARA Series M593, Roll 1345; FHL #552844.
Mary Ann Hess
F, b. 19 March 1843, d. 13 February 1934
Mary Ann Hess was born on 19 March 1843 at Manor Twp., Lancaster Co., PA.1 She married Ripley Stauffer, son of John Stauffer and Elizabeth Ripley, on 16 October 1862 at Manor Twp., Lancaster Co., PA. Mary Ann Hess died on 13 February 1934 at Whiteside Co., IL, at age 90. She was buried in February 1934 at Science Ridge Mennonite Cemetery, Sterling, Whiteside Co., IL, Findagrave #54006554.
- [S4735] 1870 Federal Census, Whiteside County, Illinois. Microfilm Image, NARA Series M593, Roll 290; FHL #545789.
M, b. 12 April 1715, d. 17 November 1792
M, b. 13 March 1917
Norman Hess was born on 13 March 1917 at Brown Co., KS.1 He was the son of George U. Hess and Sarah Kern.1
F, b. 13 December 1912
Pearl Hess was born on 13 December 1912 at Brown Co., KS.1 She was the daughter of George U. Hess and Sarah Kern.1
M, b. 9 April 1731
M, b. 25 December 1657, d. 9 April 1744
Samuel Hess was born on 25 December 1657 at Wald, Canton Zürich, Switzerland. He was the son of Hans Hess and Barbara Honegger. Samuel Hess married Barbara Reimann on 25 February 1682/83. Samuel Hess died on 9 April 1744 at age 86.
F, b. 22 August 1729
M, b. 4 September 1904
Virgil Hess was born on 4 September 1904 at Brown Co., KS.1 He was the son of George U. Hess and Sarah Kern.1
Rev. William H. Hess1
Rev. William H. Hess married Elizabeth Harley.
F, b. August 1894, d. 15 November 1976
Zeeda Hess was born in August 1894 at Lancaster Co., PA.1 She was the daughter of John Charles Hess and Eva M. Spence.2 Zeeda Hess married Thomas Walter Ferguson, son of Louis W. Ferguson and Eliza Leonora Swisher, in 1919.1 Zeeda Hess died on 15 November 1976 at age 82.
Children of Zeeda Hess and Thomas Walter Ferguson
F, b. 19 September 1920, d. 22 August 1997
F, b. 16 October 1889
Adela Hesser was born on 16 October 1889.1 She was the daughter of P. M. Hesser and Elizabeth Myers.1 Adela Hesser married Byron Silence Walton, son of William Hagey Walton and Margaret Silence, on 11 April 1917, Ceremony by Rev. Jennings.1
- [S82] Price Genealogy, 289.