Louis Ransom Hess
M, b. 25 June 1866, d. 20 June 1959
F, b. 28 March 1717, d. 1784
Note: The Stauffer Families of Switzerland, by Rich Davis, p.111. Magdalena Hess was born on 28 March 1717. She was the daughter of Hans Hess and Magdalena (?) Magdalena Hess married Jacob Stauffer, son of Johannes Stauffer, in 1735. Magdalena Hess died in 1784 at Lancaster Co., PA.
Children of Magdalena Hess and Jacob Stauffer
- Elizabeth Stauffer+ b. 7 Dec 1735
- Christian Hess Stauffer+ b. 6 Dec 1736, d. 13 Apr 1808
- Veronica Stauffer b. 3 May 1738, d. 1784
- Jacob Stauffer+ b. 9 Aug 1740, d. Jul 1793
- John Stauffer+ b. 18 Aug 1742, d. 11 Sep 1807
- Magdalena Stauffer+ b. 1 Mar 1743/44, d. b 1799
- Abraham Hess Stouffer+ b. 7 Jan 1746/47, d. 11 Mar 1809
- Daniel Stauffer+ b. 1 Sep 1749, d. 15 Sep 1818
- Samuel Stauffer+ b. 1 Sep 1754, d. 7 Jun 1825
- Henry Stauffer+ b. 7 Jan 1757, d. 2 Jan 1818
- Anna Stouffer+ b. 24 Jan 1759
Maria Barbara Hess
F, b. 11 June 1770, d. 11 May 1869
Maria Barbara Hess was born on 11 June 1770 at Pennsylvania. She married Anthony Kleppinger, son of Ludwig Kleppinger and Anna Maria Best, in 1802 at Northampton Co., PA. Maria Barbara Hess died on 11 May 1869 at Willow Hill, Franklin Co., PA, at age 98.
F, b. 17 July 1805, d. 27 April 1861
Martha Hess was born on 17 July 1805. She was the daughter of John Hess and Esther Hershey. Martha Hess married Samuel Oberholtzer in May 1824. Martha Hess died on 27 April 1861 at age 55.
Children of Martha Hess and Samuel Oberholtzer
- Esther Oberholtzer b. 25 Feb 1825, d. 13 Apr 1865
- Jacob H. Oberholtzer b. 25 Jun 1826, d. 3 Aug 1828
- Martha H. Oberholtzer b. 3 Aug 1828
- Catherine H. Oberholtzer b. 26 Sep 1830
- Elizabeth Oberholtzer b. 22 Sep 1832
- Anna H. Oberholtzer b. 14 Nov 1834
- Samuel H. Oberholtzer b. 28 Apr 1836, d. 2 Nov 1885
- John H. Oberholtzer b. 21 Nov 1839
- Joseph H. Oberholtzer b. 17 Aug 1842
- Henry H. Oberholtzer b. 29 Oct 1845
- Susanna Oberholtzer b. 11 Aug 1849
F, b. 17 July 1825, d. 21 December 1894
Mary Hess was born on 17 July 1825 at Franklin Co., PA.1 She married John Monn. Mary Hess died on 21 December 1894 at age 69.
- [S185] 1870 Federal Census, Franklin County, Pennsylvania. Microfilm Image, NARA Series M593, Roll 1345; FHL #552844.
Mary Ann Hess
F, b. 19 March 1843, d. 13 February 1934
Mary Ann Hess was born on 19 March 1843 at Manor Twp., Lancaster Co., PA.1 She married Ripley Stauffer, son of John Stauffer and Elizabeth Ripley, on 16 October 1862 at Manor Twp., Lancaster Co., PA. Mary Ann Hess died on 13 February 1934 at Whiteside Co., IL, at age 90. She was buried in February 1934 at Science Ridge Mennonite Cemetery, Sterling, Whiteside Co., IL, Findagrave #54006554.
- [S4735] 1870 Federal Census, Whiteside County, Illinois. Microfilm Image, NARA Series M593, Roll 290; FHL #545789.
M, b. 12 April 1715, d. 17 November 1792
M, b. 13 March 1917
Norman Hess was born on 13 March 1917 at Brown Co., KS.1 He was the son of George U. Hess and Sarah Kern.1
F, b. 13 December 1912
Pearl Hess was born on 13 December 1912 at Brown Co., KS.1 She was the daughter of George U. Hess and Sarah Kern.1
M, b. 9 April 1731
M, b. 25 December 1657, d. 9 April 1744
Samuel Hess was born on 25 December 1657 at Wald, Canton Zürich, Switzerland. He was the son of Hans Hess and Barbara Honegger. Samuel Hess married Barbara Reimann on 25 February 1682/83. Samuel Hess died on 9 April 1744 at age 86.
F, b. 22 August 1729
M, b. 4 September 1904
Virgil Hess was born on 4 September 1904 at Brown Co., KS.1 He was the son of George U. Hess and Sarah Kern.1
Rev. William H. Hess1
Rev. William H. Hess married Elizabeth Harley.
F, b. August 1894, d. 15 November 1976
Zeeda Hess was born in August 1894 at Lancaster Co., PA.1 She was the daughter of John Charles Hess and Eva M. Spence.2 Zeeda Hess married Thomas Walter Ferguson, son of Louis W. Ferguson and Eliza Leonora Swisher, in 1919.1 Zeeda Hess died on 15 November 1976 at age 82.
Children of Zeeda Hess and Thomas Walter Ferguson
F, b. 19 September 1920, d. 22 August 1997
F, b. 16 October 1889
Adela Hesser was born on 16 October 1889.1 She was the daughter of P. M. Hesser and Elizabeth Myers.1 Adela Hesser married Byron Silence Walton, son of William Hagey Walton and Margaret Silence, on 11 April 1917, Ceremony by Rev. Jennings.1
- [S82] Price Genealogy, 289.
P. M. Hesser1
- [S82] Price Genealogy, 289.
M, b. circa 1838, d. before 28 June 1880
Charles Hester was born circa 1838 at Georgia.1 He married Honoria (?).1 Charles Hester died before 28 June 1880 at Hinds Co. (probably), MS.
- [S2499] 1870 Federal Census, Hinds County, Mississippi. Microfilm Image, NARA Series M593, Roll 730; FHL #552229.
David C. Hester1
M, b. December 1874
David C. Hester was born in December 1874 at Hinds Co. (probably), MS.1 He was the son of Charles Hester and Honoria (?)1,2 David C. Hester married Ella Priestly, daughter of James Priestly and Harriet E. Wendel, in 1906 at Madison Co., MS, no children.1
Elizabeth E. Hester
F, b. February 1826, d. after 1 May 1905
Elizabeth E. Hester was born in February 1826 at Ohio.1 She married Benjamin Hawley Jr. on 16 October 1850 at Columbiana Co., OH. Elizabeth E. Hester died after 1 May 1905 at Smith Co., KS, Elizabeth "Hawly" age 78 was living with daughter Lillian Munsinger's family as of the 1905 Kansas census.
- [S17] 1900 Federal Census, Smith County, Kansas. Microfilm Image, NARA Series T623, Roll 501; FHL #1240501.
Alma Effie Hesterlee
Alma Effie Hesterlee married Seth Austin Lewis.
Ella Antje Sophie Dorothea Hestermann
F, b. 14 June 1911, d. 26 January 1983
Ella Antje Sophie Dorothea Hestermann was born on 14 June 1911. She married Kurt Hugo Klaasmeyer. Ella Antje Sophie Dorothea Hestermann died on 26 January 1983 at age 71.
Albert G. Heston1
- [S82] Price Genealogy, 193.
M, b. 29 October 1870
Eugene Heston was born on 29 October 1870.1 He was the son of Albert G. Heston and Jane L. Barrett.1 Eugene Heston married Hanna Bickhart, daughter of Jacob Bickhart and Elizabeth P. Taggart, on 10 March 1909, No children as of 1926.1 Occupation: Dentist in 1926 at Lancaster, Lancaster Co., PA.1
- [S82] Price Genealogy, 193.
Violet Marguerite Hetherington
F, b. 12 July 1913, d. 13 June 1996
Violet Marguerite Hetherington was born on 12 July 1913 at Brown Co. (probably), KS; daughter of Bert Francis and Amelia (Edwardson) Hetherington. She was baptized on 12 October 1913 at Upper Wolf Lutheran Church, Robinson, Brown Co., KS. She was graduated in 1931 at Leavenworth High School, Leavenworth, Leavenworth Co., KS. She married Homer Lee Wood, son of Charles Adam Wood and Minnie Mae Love, on 4 February 1933 at Savannah, Andrew Co., MO. Violet Marguerite Hetherington and Homer Lee Wood were divorced before May 1947. Violet Marguerite Hetherington married Charles Emory Kerns before 17 April 1950. Violet Marguerite Hetherington died on 13 June 1996 at Jackson Co. (probably), MO, at age 82.
Rev. Jesse P. Hetric1
M, b. 20 December 1843
Rev. Jesse P. Hetric was Church of the Brethren, minister, Elder of Coventry Church, Chester County.1 He was born on 20 December 1843.1 He was the son of John Hetric and Catharine (?)1 Rev. Jesse P. Hetric married Ida Catharine Ellis, daughter of John Ellis and Caroline Baugh, on 14 September 1887, No children.1
- [S82] Price Genealogy, p.101.